maandag 26 augustus 2013

The Monster of Slytherin


The next day, Harry told us something very important. He said that all his books were covered into ink except the diary. So that evening, in his bed, he was trying to write anything in the diary. His words disappeared and there appeared another written line, except it wasn’t from Harry. Harry could talk with the diary, with Tom Riddle! He knew something about the Chamber of Secrets and wanted to show it to Harry. Harry said that suddenly the book had turned into a minuscule television screen. And suddenly, he was falling in it. Then, he saw Tom Riddle. He was in the office from professor Dippet , the professor before professor Dumbledore. He was asking if he could stay here in the holidays. He lived also in a Muggle orphanage, like Harry. And he hated it there too. But he couldn’t stay in Hogwarts because it wasn’t save with the attacks of the Chamber of Secrets. Then he asked if he found the one who opened the Chamber of Secrets , he could stay in Hogwarts? After that, Professor Dippet asked if he wanted to tell him something. Tom said no and he walked away. Harry followed him. Tom was waiting in a corridor. Suddenly Harry saw Hagrid in a room. He was talking to someone, to a monster. Harry couldn’t see the monster but Riddle said that Hagrid is been caught, that it’s all over. And then Harry came back to the world, to his bed. It’s really weird, isn’t it?! So it’s Hagrid who opened the Chamber of Secrets and that’s why he is been expelled. We understand of course that Tom only betrayed Hagrid because he didn’t want to spend his holiday with the muggles. But we know all that Hagrid didn’t want to kill anyone. He just wanted to take care for the monster. But the monster killed a girl! Should we go and ask Hagrid all about it? We decided we wouldn’t say anything to Hagrid unless there was another attack. Another day, Harry wanted to go to his dormitory when suddenly he saw that his room was a mess. The contents of Harry’s trunk had been thrown everywhere. And… the diary has gone, someone must have stolen it but… only a Gryffindor knows our password. Then the Quidditch match arrived between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. When we were going to our dormitory to get Harry’s Quidditch things, Harry heard the voice! It wanted to kill again. And suddenly, I knew it. Harry is the only person in the whole school who heard a voice that nobody else can hear. If there is an attack, we saw only spiders running away. Didn’t you get it? The monster is a basilisk, the king of Serpents. I read about it. Its methods of killing are most wondrous, for aside from its deadly and venomous fangs, the Basilisk has a murderous stare, and all who are fixed with the beam of its eye shall suffer instant death. He is moving in the pipes from the school. I went immediately to the library to be sure. I didn’t say anything to Harry and Ron because what if it wasn’t true and I was wrong. That I read something else? Oh no I want always to be right! Afterwards very stupid that I didn’t say anything… At the library, there was another girl, the Prefect from Ravenclaw. I smiled at her and then, I went searching for it. I found it and I had it right! All spiders are afraid for it. I ripped the page out of the book in case Harry and Ron didn’t believe me. Suddenly I heard something, I heard the pipes. Oh no, it couldn’t be the Basilisk, could it? I didn’t dare to look because if it was the Basilisk, I could die. So I said to the girl that she hadn’t to look behind her. I said that I thought that it was the Monster of Slytherin. She was very afraid. I asked for a mirror so we can look if I was right. Fortunately she had a mirror so we looked in the mirror and then… I felt. The last thing I saw were green eyes…
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten